We are pleased to announce that with support from the United States Department of State, Partners of the America will recruit one adult mentor and 10 youth (15-17 years) currently living in Venezuela to participate in the Youth Ambassadors Program to the U.S.
This program develops a sense of civic responsibility and commitment to community among participants, builds leadership capacity, and fosters relationships among participants from different ethnic, religious and national groups. The adult mentor will assume the important responsibility of accompanying and guiding youth through their experience and motivate the youth to be active participants before, during and after the exchange.
The selected youth and adult mentor will travel to Washington, DC and a host state for about four weeks during September/October 2017.
Mentors have the opportunity to:
- Guide and help youth reflect on the similarities and differences between US and Venezuela;
- Engage and advise youth through project development and support their leadership skills development;
- Guide the youth in implementing a service project after their exchange;
- Develop personal and professional learning goals to enhance your professional development;
- Meet with local organizations and professionals to build contacts and share experiences;
- Offer innovative ideas to help strengthen the objectives of the program.
Applicants must meet the following requirements in order to participate:
- Be a teacher or community leader over the age of 21 who has ample experience working with youth (preferably youth ages 15-17);
- Demonstrate ability to be a positive role model and to assist youth from diverse backgrounds to become productive members of society;
- Experience traveling abroad and interacting with people from different countries/cultures;
- Be able to read write and verbally communicate in English professionally;
- Be a citizen of Venezuela.
Applications of eligible candidates will be reviewed and finalists will be contacted by Partners staff for an interview.
Applications will be accepted no later than April 30th. We highly recommend submitting your application hours or days in advance to avoid any technical issues with timely submission. Note all applicants must only submit one application through either email or online. Do not submit your application both online and through email.
Partners of the Americas, with US State Department funding, will pay all expenses related to participation in the program including domestic and international flights, meals, accident and sickness protection, required vaccinations, some spending money, and lodging.