We are pleased to announce that with support from the United States Department of State, Partners of the America will recruit 10 youth (15-17 years) living in Venezuela to participate in the Youth Ambassadors program to the U.S. This program develops a sense of civic responsibility and commitment to community among participants, builds leadership capacity, and fosters relationships among participants from different ethnic, religious and national groups.
Para información en español, haga clic aquí.
Partners of the Americas will also recruit one adult mentor living in Venezuela who will assume the important responsibility of accompanying and guiding youth through their experience and motivate the youth to be active participants before, during and after the exchange. For the mentor application, click here.
The selected youth and adult mentor will travel to Washington, DC and a host state for about four weeks during September/October 2017.
As a Youth Ambassador, you will have the opportunity to:
- Appreciate similarities and differences between the U.S. and Venezuela;
- Learn about U.S. history, culture, politics, environment and language(s);
- Develop the skills needed to be a positive leader in your community;
- Explore societal challenges and create a service project for your community;
- Connect to a network of volunteers/community leaders including other youth throughout the hemisphere.
Applicants must meet the following requirements in order to participate:
(Strictly enforced in its entirety)
- Be a Venezuelan Citizen between the ages of 15-17 during the dates of travel (September/October 2017);
- Be a student from public or private educational institutions from families with limited economic resources;
- Accredited excellent academic performance;
- Certified leadership skills and involved with a volunteer or community service organization;
- Proficiency in English, especially conversational;
- Have not previously traveled to the United States;
Applications of eligible candidates will be reviewed and finalists will be contacted by Partners staff and Youth Ambassadors Coordinators in Venezuela for an interview.
Applications will be accepted no later than April 30th at 6:00p.m. We highly recommend submitting your application hours or days in advance to avoid any technical issues and ensure it's received on time. Note that all applicants must only submit one application either online or by email. Do not submit your application both online and through email.
Partners of the Americas, with US State Department funding, will pay all expenses related to participation in the program including domestic and international flights, meals, accident and sickness protection, required vaccinations, some spending money, and lodging.